Level 2 Gym Instructor Award
This course can start straight away, it is a blended course, meaning that you get to learn in your own time at home with a manual from us written by AIQ, an online portal from us with support material and videos on our e-learning system (which is a website and an app) and with live text, Whatsapp, phone calls and zoom.us video calls with a tutor to support you.
In order to ensure you have the required physical skills, you will also get two days of live training. In the first live day, we will go through your exams and use each piece of equipment, use every stretch in the manual and ensure you have the required skills to deliver a programme to a client. On the second day, you will need to have a client to take around the gym, where we will allow you a practice run and then complete the full physical component of the training.
This course will be open until you complete it, usually, you have 1 year from the first meet up, but in exceptional circumstances, we will keep the course open beyond that time.
Level 2 Content and Overview
The course features the following content –
- Unit 1 – Anatomy and physiology for exercise (H/600/9013) – this unit is worth 6 credits
- Unit 2 – Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity (M/600/9015) – this unit is worth 2 credits
- Unit 3 – Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment (T/600/9016) – this unit is worth 2 credits
- Unit 4 – Principles of exercise, fitness and health (A/600/9017) – this unit is worth 4 credits
- Unit 5 – Planning gym-based exercise (F/600/9018) this unit is worth 4 credits
- Unit 6 – Instructing gym-based exercise (A/600/9020) – this unit is worth 6 credits
The assessment is as follows –
- Multiple Choice Examination
- Portfolio of Evidence
- Practical Demonstration / Assignment