In the UK, the first course you need to take on the way to becoming a Personal Training, is to complete your Level 2 Gym Instructor course. We offer this as a stand alone course, it comes with online notes and videos, as well as a slide presentation that doubles as downloadable revision slides.
We spend a day with you, in the nearest gym to you that we can get access, in a time that works for you, in order to make this course easy to learn around your current work.
Due to the fact we teach this one to one and come to you, then this means you can move at the pace you want to. Allowing you to push through and get this done quickly or take your time.
The course features the following content –
- Unit 1 – Anatomy and physiology for exercise (H/600/9013) – this unit is worth 6 credits
- Unit 2 – Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity (M/600/9015) – this unit is worth 2 credits
- Unit 3 – Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment (T/600/9016) – this unit is worth 2 credits
- Unit 4 – Principles of exercise, fitness and health (A/600/9017) – this unit is worth 4 credits
- Unit 5 – Planning gym-based exercise (F/600/9018) this unit is worth 4 credits
- Unit 6 – Instructing gym-based exercise (A/600/9020) – this unit is worth 6 credits
The assessment is as follows –
- Multiple Choice Examination
- Portfolio of Evidence
- Practical Demonstration / Assignment
We give you a defined 28 steps to complete in order to make this course east to go through and know that you have the required knowledge to pass.