It’s Simon Caddy here, let loose on the website to tell you all about things that are happening with the FASTER Convention 2013.
So here at FASTER HQ we have repeatedly been asked one question lately, namely…
“Is the FASTER Convention for me?”
And it’s a fair question. I mean, not everyone wants to learn the latest techniques in the world of function, fitness and performance from the very people that are creating them, nor does everyone want to learn how they can get ahead in the business through the coaching skills of some of the UK’s finest (if not worlds finest) business coaches.
So no, the FASTER Convention may not be right for you.
“Will it be really hard?” is another question we are asked.
Well, yes and no is the best answer we have.
Hopefully you’re reading this as someone with an experience of FASTER courses. Yes, there will be sessions at the FASTER Convention that really challenge you mentally or physically, but these are the ones that will truly give you the cutting edge insight into what will be happening in the industry in the coming months, and you get to experience it first and take it back to your clients first – making you the market leader in your area!
The no part comes with experience that we will have as much fun as possible at the event, both in and out of sessions (especially in the evenings!) and you get to network with other top trainers from across the UK, sharing knowledge, gaining more, and being a part of the FASTER movement to bring functional education to the masses (ok so now we sound like some sort of cult, but you know what I mean lol).
Here’s some of the speakers this year:
- Kelvin GIles – Olympic Coach
- Dr. Tom Hyde – FAKTR founder
- Dr. Nick Studholme – Director of Kinesio Capture
- Andy Nicholettos – Expert in Rehabilitation
- Annika Kahn – Junshing (A sword based aerobic workout)
- Dan Norman – Master of the mind!
- John White – TruFit inventor and owner
- Jake Attwood – Surpass Founder and FASTER Master Trainer
And here’s the FASTER Convention Session Guide
Day 1 – Coaching (Thursday 30th May)
- Kelvin Giles – Coaching what, why and how PLUS How to test and evaluate movement comprehension – 9.00 – 1.00
- Dan Norman – Client Motivation – 2.00 – 3.00
- Sally Pears – Coaching for Weight loss – 3.15 – 4.15
- Drewe Broughton – Coaching – a Professional Perspective – 4.25 – 5.25
- Health Club TV – 5.30 – 6.00
Day 2 – Sequencing (Friday 31st May)
TruFit and FASTER present a multi-directional Speed and Conditioning (Workout) – 7.00 to 8.00
- Nick Studholme – Using and improving movement sequencing – 9.00 to 1.00
- Jake Attwood – The biomechanical mismatch of olympic lifting and sports performance requirements 2.00 to 3.00
- Annika Kahn – Sequencing movements and lessons from martial arts 3.15 to 4.15
- Tom Hyde – Experience in Sports Performance, acute and chronic assessment of athletes 4.25 to 5.25
- AustraliaWOW – 5.30 to 6.00
Day 3 – Structure (Saturday 1st June)
- Jungshin a martial arts, sword driven 7.00 to 8.00
- Dr. Tom Hyde – Rehabilitation in the real world 9.00 to 1.00
- Sally Pears – Interpreting Research for Practical use 2.00 to 3.00
- Jake Attwood and Nick Studholme – From Injury to Performance practical 3.15 to 4.15
- John White – Training Outdoors – suspension, slack lining and much more 4.25 to 5.25
- Simon, Jake, Craig – FASTER going forward – 5.30 to 6.00
Just out of interest – have you seen one of the videos from last years convention? Here it is…
(Video from FASTER Convention 2012)
However, after looking at all of this information, it does make it sound like this is exclusively for the past & present FASTER students, not for ‘outsiders’, yeah?
WRONG! This convention is for anyone in the fitness industry, whether they’ve trained with (or even heard of) us or not. It is there for everyone who wants to learn from the industry leaders ways that they can deliver a better service to their clients, their friends, even their family as a fitness professional. And yeah, the evenings and the social scenes – well, you have to see them to believe them 😉
So, to summarise – YES, the FASTER Convention is for you!
“Alright, I’m in” I hear you say, “but what’s it going to cost me?”
I’m glad you asked 😉
The normal price is £250 for all 3 days, or you can buy a ticket for any day you want at just £120 each.
How about you do something for us here at FASTER (takes you about 10 seconds) and I save you £57 off the full pass?? (that makes your hourly rate what, £20,520!)
And share this on your Facebook profile. Once you click ‘share’ you will be taken to PayPal link where you can pay just £197.
So, fancy joining us at the end of this month and saving money in the process?
Thought you might! Get clicking then!!
See you at the convention,